Westmead Research Hub is a cooperative venture that has been formed to focus the biomedical research activities of the Westmead Campus for the purpose of sharing resources and infrastructure. It is designed to promote an environment of excellence in research and technology access for the purpose of both individual and collective research productivity.
The key stakeholders in the new venture are:
The parties above therefore undertake to:
- Co-operatively support and coordinate funding proposals for the purpose of technology acquisition and supporting infrastructure
- Co-operatively develop and implement strategic and operational policies and systems, or rules of engagement for access and management of identified technology resources
- WMI and Westmead Hospital will provide genomic science technologies (Microarray scanner, DNA sequencer, Real time thermocycler) through the WMI Genomics Facility
- For protein science technologies, CMRI will provide mass spectrometry and WMI will provide access to protein analysis (Biacore), and automated chromatography (Biocad)
- Children's Hospital, Westmead will provide molecular and cellular imaging technologies Confocal microscopy and Laser capture microdissection instrument
- WMI and Westmead Hospital will provide access to electron microscopy.