The Outpatient Team provides a coordinated service that addresses the long term needs of children and young people with acquired brain injury and their families throughout NSW.
The Outpatient Team
The Outpatient Brain Injury Team includes:
- Case Managers
- Clinical Nurse Consultants
- Clinical Neuropsychologists
- Clinical Psychologists
- Intake Officer
- Occupational Therapists
- Secretarial Staff
- Social Worker
- Specialist School Counsellor
- Speech Pathologist
- Rehabilitation Medical Specialists and Registrars
For more information about these professional roles, please go to the Brain Injury Team
Services Offered by the Outpatient Brain Injury Team
- Medical assessment and management. This may include referral to other specialist clinics within the department, hospital or community.
- Provision of therapy services and consultation with local treating therapists.
- Neuropsychological and clinical psychology assessment and intervention.
- Case Management services.
- Family Support.
- Education about Brain Injury.
- Annual Camp Go Ahead - 3 day camp held in conjunction with Sydney Children's Hospital and rural Brain Injury Programs for children in NSW.
- Representation and advocacy for paediatric brain injury issues with key organisations such as The Motor Accident Authority, Department of Health, Department of Education and Training, The Brain Injury Association of NSW.
Refer to Brain Injury Service.