Australian Paediatric Endocrine Group
Approved by the National Health and Medical Research Council in March 2005
under Section 14A of the National Health and Medical Research Council Act 1992.
The Australian Clinical Practice Guidelines
on the Management of Type 1 Diabetes in Children and Adolescents
replace the existing APEG handbook on Childhood and Adolescent Diabetes which was
published in 1996. The new guidelines include recent advances in diabetes management
and are evidence-based according to NHMRC levels of scientific evidence. The target
audience for the Guidelines is health professionals involved in the care of children
and adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- 22 chapters, 303 pages long, user-friendly
- each chapter comprehensively referenced
- evidence tables for each chapter
- 188 principles of care and recommendations stated
- 58 evidence-based principles and recommendations
- 130 principles and recommendations informed by best available international expert opinion
This document was updated on Thursday, 17 March 2005.