Allied Health is a Clinical Support Program of individual profession-managed allied health departments, with an appointed Chairperson. Departments within the Program are:
- Audiology (AU)
- Children's Cochlear Implant Centre (based at Sydney Cochlear Implant Centre (SCIC) at Gladesville)
- Kid's Health
- Nutrition & Dietetics (ND)
- Occupational Therapy (OT)
- Child Life Therapy
- Music Therapy (MT)
- Orthoptics (OP)
- Orthotics (OR)
- Physiotherapy (PT)
- Psychology (PS)
- Social Work (SW)
- Aboriginal Health Workers (AHEO)
- Speech Pathology (SP)
Allied Health departments accept inpatient (I/P) and outpatient (O/P) referrals from all Doctors associated with the Children's Hospital at Westmead (CHW).
|Allied Health Department
||Head of Department
||Front Desk Enquiries
||Front Desk Fax
Children's Cochlear Implant Centre
PO Box 188, Gladesville 2111
|Nutrition & Dietetics
Allied Health clinicians assess and treat babies, children and adolescents according to need using a family centred focus.
- I/P clinicians cover all wards in the hospital.
- O/P clinicians provide therapy to the CHW local area. They also cover all the CHW O/P clinics as well as attending outreach clinics; and conduct home/pre-school/school visits as required.
Due to specialised equipment requirements AU, OP and OR are CHW based, though Orthoptics run screening clinics in SWAHS & SSWAHS (2 sites in conjunction with an Ophthalmologist). AU is the diagnostic service to all newborns referred from SWISH program for all of Western Sydney & 50% country NSW. CHW OR is the main Paediatric service for NSW for all levels of OR care. Modified barium swallows & soft palate studies are performed at CHW with SP and Radiology working together.