It is the responsibility of the Public Relations Department to maintain the Hospital's profile, which also helps to raise money to support its activities.
To develop and communicate a positioning that will sustain The Children's Hospital at Westmead into the 21st century.
There is always something exciting happening at the Hospital. Read our events page!
The Public Relations Department is open Monday to Friday, 8:30am till 5:00pm. In case of an emergency, contact the Public Relations Officer on duty by calling (02) 9845 0000 and asking the Switchboard to page the Public Relations Officer on duty.
Where We Are
We are located on Level 2, next to the Newsagency toward the Chinese garden.
What We Do
The Public Relations Department:
- Works cooperatively with media to provide the public with newsworthy information while ensuring that the basic rights of each patient are adequately protected.
- Provides publicity for all newsworthy events, or events in the public interest, which involve the Hospital. Significant events include Bandaged Bear Day and Teddy Bears Picnic.
- Manages the Hospital's special events.
- Works cooperatively with the public to provide information on request about the Hospital, its services and other resources as required.
- Provides a professional publication, editing and design service for all Hospital departments.
- Works cooperatively with the Starlight Express Room and Radio Bed Rock to coordinate celebrity visits to the Hospital.
- Manages Bandaged Bear appearances.
- Organises functions and visits to the Hospital (or involving the Hospital) where they have a publicity or promotions aspect eg. book launch, conference, VIP visit.
- Provides publicity for Hospital-initiated fundraising events and for other fundraising events where appropriate.
- Coordinates Hospital visits for donors, the public and health professionals as required.
- Produces "Kids Talk", the staff newsletter.
- Organises the monthly staff morning teas.
- Organises tours of the Hospital.
- Manages all liaison between the Hospital and schools for fundraising and information and education.
- Is involved with the Staff Social Club.
Phone: (02) 9845 3364
For enquiries regarding an internship in Public Relations or Events please email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter.
This document was updated on Tuesday, 25 May 2010.