Expansion of the Public Car park
The Children's Hospital at Westmead is expanding the Public Car Park to create 144 additional parking spaces for families and visitors and to install a lift.
This expansion will take place from March to July 2012. Parking will be limited during the construction period. Several levels of the car park will not be accessible, resulting in the closure of approximately 180 parking spaces.
When you visit The Children's Hospital at Westmead over the coming months, please:
- Use public transport to the Hospital, if possible - visit www.131500.com.au/plan-your-trip for details
- Be dropped off for appointments, if possible
- Allow extra time to find parking
- Avoid leaving your car parked in the Public Car park for long periods
- Ask family and friends to visit in the afternoon or evening
Assisted parking (valet style) will be introduced in the Public Car Park during the construction period. Parking attendants will assist you as you enter the car park and normal charges will apply.
Disabled parking (including for families with a child under three years old with a disability affecting their mobility) will continue to be provided in the same locations. Volunteers will be on hand to assist families to get to scheduled appointments.
We apologise for the inconvenience during the construction period and look forward to opening our expanded Public Car Park in mid-2012.
Click here for more information.
This document was released on Wednesday, 15 February, 2012